Minutes Of Meeting - 28/10/06

Att 19
All Prospective committee members in attendance

Dixon, Raven, Marsden solicitors are happy to provide a 10% discount for all trust members on production of their trust membership card. Although they are based in Leyland, they do home visits and because of their location their charges are more competitive than in the Southport area. Dixon, Raven, Marsden have advised they are keen to take out corporate membership.


All the prospective new signs will have the phrase at ‘Haig Avenue’ added and there are six confirmed signs. Southport FC has agreed to position signs on the side of the grandstand.

The bank account balance stands at just under £4700 and Elite coaches are now paid electronically.

Trust membership now stands at 309 members.

Jacqui Forster at Supporters Direct is very impressed by the membership and bank figures and advised that it is substantially higher than some football league clubs.

Polish flyers have been completed and a marketing campaign will be discussed with Haydn Preece.

EGM – all the voting forms have now been issued by post and e-mail and we have already received proxy votes back from those unable to attend. The votes will take place at the beginning of the meeting and Paul I will set up an agenda for the meeting.
A discussion will also take place about how we wish to spend our funds.

Alan Drury is in charge of renovating the old club shop as a permanent home for the trust. Work will commence on the drainage problems on 12th November(subject to FA Cup schedule) and anyone who wishes to help out is welcome. Pickaxes, spades, shovels, wheelbarrows etc are all required on the day. We still have an issue with storage of the chairs and we are still looking for a fireproof container/cage that is secure.

Delegation of roles:
It was agreed that the following people would take on the following roles within the trust:
Jonathan O’Byrne – chairman, club liason and press
Rob U – membership secretary with a push on corporate membership
Paul I – minutes, agenda and arranging EGM/AGM (John K or Paul G will stand in to take minutes if unavailable)
Paul I will continue to administer and promote the buy at webshop.
Paul OB along with Dave Cooper and Dan Hayes will manage the website
Alan Scarisbrick – to co-ordinate coach travel, although Rob U will continue to take booking in the shop on match days.
Julia U will take on any community work within the schools
John Kirkman will co-ordinate any social events
Andy Kelly will provide newsletter content.
Shelley will continue to look after the merchandising
Alan Drury – facilities manager

nce the signs are up and running, volunteers will be sort to look after each individual sign.

Future fundraisers were discussed. The ideas muted were: Fans v SFC match
Anniversary event with dinner, speakers and auction Golf day

A vote of thanks was also issues to all those involved in Trust In Yellow, given that it is now around 12 months since the concept was first mooted.

Next meeting EGM – Thursday, 9th November 7.30pm

RSS Feed