Minutes of Trust in Yellow Board Meeting - Tuesday January 12




1. Minutes of last meeting and matters arising.

The official switch-on of the new floodlights took place before the recent home match against Wrexham. Among those representing the Trust were Colin, Martin and members of the families of Phil Carder and Sally Devine.

The Trust has been in contact with Champion reporter Ron Ellis following the recent withdrawal of his press pass by the club.

There are 11 calendars for 2016 still remaining of the 100 produced.

The issue of dangerous footballs during the warm-ups at home matches, which was raised at the Trust’s AGM, was passed on during the Trust’s recent meeting with the club.

The Trust had been contacted by a member offering to help with communications for the Trust and club. The Trust will use their help with the newsletter and their details have also been passed to the club.


2. Taking of minutes

The taking of minutes at Trust meetings will be rotated between board members.


3. Treasurer’s report

The Trust’s net funds available currently stand at £11,569.76.

£13,000 for the balance of the Trust’s contribution to the floodlights projects has been paid. The Trust is now waiting to receive the equivalent sum for the Trust’s full contribution in shares.


4. Memberships

Memberships currently stand at 214.


5. Report back on meeting with the club and future projects

Representatives from the Trust board met with Haydn Preece before the recent home match against Bromley. The club agrees with the Trust that there is a need to improve facilities for disabled supporters, particularly the allocated disabled area during matches and toilets. The Trust would want any project to include improvements in both of these areas.

The Trust has also been contacted recently by the group, Southport Access For Everyone. The Trust will meet with the club again in the coming weeks.

Howard has contacted a number of companies regarding a possible temporary disabled viewing structure.

The Trust has received further details from Jonathan O’Byrne regarding plans for the proposed bar behind the Jack Carr Stand. Colin, Howard, Rob and Jonathan will form a sub-committee to explore the project further.


6. Events

The Christmas part took place after the match against Bromley. A special thanks to Noel, Howard, Bill and Sarah Sloan for their work on the night and in preparation for the event. Thanks also to Ema Ryding from the Co-Op and John Wood from Mecca Bingo for their kind donations of food and items for the party.

Dino Maamria is keen to hold a Meet the Manager session with supporters but would prefer a midweek date for the event. This will be confirmed shortly.

A reunion to celebrate 50 years since Southport’s memorable FA Cup run to the fifth round under Billy Bingham will take place on February 13 after the home match against Braintree Town. Noel and Alan will meet with Geoff Wilde to finalise arrangements for the event.

Alan has written to local schools to invite their students to take part in a competition to design a special ten-year badge for the Trust. 144 entries have been received from four schools and these were narrowed down to a shortlist of 23. The final four designs were selected at the meeting and supporters will be asked to vote for the winner.

A special thanks for Stanley High School, Ainsdale St Johns CE, Kingsmeadow and St Phillips for taking part.

Colin will continue to liaise with the Parker Brewery so a date can be arranged for the brewery trip.

They Think It’s All A Question of Sport, arranged by Rob Urwin, will take place after the match against Halifax Town on March 5. Noel and Alan will meet with Rob to discuss plans for the event. The Fifa night has provisionally been arranged for April 2 after the game with Woking.


7. Coach travel and proposed weekend trip

The coach to the match at Chester on January 23 is fully booked. Bookings for a possible second coach are being taken but 20 names are needed for this to run.

The fare for the match at Tranmere Rovers will be £8 members, £11 non-members. The departure time will be confirmed.

After consulting with members, it was decided that Torquay would be the preferred destination for the proposed weekend trip.

The main issue is that this match, scheduled for March 19, clashes with the FA Trophy semi-final second leg and half of the full cost needs to be paid six weeks before trip. The Trust had asked for bookings by January 19. At the time of the meeting, both clubs remain in the FA Trophy. If neither club remains in the competition after the weekend, in which case the fixture will definitely go ahead, the deposit due of £100 will be paid so as to allow fans further time to book.


8. Next match signs

The current next match signs will be used until the end of the season.

The Trust board will look into longer-term changes to make the signs more visible and cost-effective.


9. Any other business

The plaque for the Trust office to remember Phil Carder has been re-ordered and will hopefully be ready shortly.

Board members will look into ways to improve and update the back pages on the Trust website.

Every board member is currently having a profile in the club’s matchday programme and Trust newsletter.


10. Next meeting

Members: TBC

Board: March 1

RSS Feed