Trust News

Pre-season kit

We’re delighted that Trust in Yellow will feature prominently at all seven of Southport’s friendlies this pre-season.

As they prepare for the campaign ahead, Andy Bishop’s squad will play their warm-up matches in a brand new pre-season kit, which is part sponsored by the Trust.

It means that the Trust’s name will feature on the shorts and sleeves of every player this summer and it will also become the regular kit for friendlies in future seasons.

The Trust would like to thank club photographer Julia Urwin, who has kindly donated the funds raised from the use of her photos last season to cover the Trust’s contribution to the project.

Also sponsored by sportswear providers, Galaxy Football, the new kit, consisting of a pink shirt and black shorts, will be worn for the first time this Saturday, when Southport open their pre-season schedule away at Bootle.

Pictured with the new kit is Andy Bishop, the Southport manager, with Mark Parr of Galaxy Football (left) and Noel Warham, the Trust in Yellow vice chairman.

The new colours have been introduced after pre-season kits were used to raise money for charity in both 2013 and 2015.

After the visit to Bootle, the Sandgrounders travel to Chorley next Tuesday, July 12. Bishop’s team play at home for the first time against Bury on Saturday July 23, before the new National League season begins on Saturday August 6.

 

 

Continue Reading

Minutes of Trust in Yellow Board Meeting - Wednesday May 11th 2016

Board members present:

Martin Robinson, Bill Sloan, Alan Jones, Colin Aindow, Noel Warham, Howard Birch

1. Taking of Minutes

HB agreed to take Minutes for this meeting.

 

2. Minutes of last meeting and matters arising

Coaches – All would like the Coaches to run more frequently next season – MR will contact a number Companies for prices once fixtures are released. We are hoping for competitive pricing once again but there is no guarantee of this.

The Board wishes to thank all those who helped run the Coaches this season, especially MR & BS.

It should be mentioned that the running of Coaches this season came a lot closer to breaking even than the previous season. BS also reports that there is an improved feeling on Coaches this season.

CA raised an issue with an article written by Haydn which talked about the Floodlights where the Trust was given only a small mention and the Board felt that we should have received more recognition.

As a way of reflecting all the good work we do it was decided that AJ would ask the Visiter if we could have a regular column to promote the Trust and it’s Events.

 

3. Treasurer’s report

The Trust now has around £11,960 in its current account. £200 was received from Julia Urwin and £100 paid to winner of prediction League.

Discussion took place on moving a large percentage of funds into non-accessible Savings Account but it was felt that there may be need to access money at short notice with upcoming projects.

To be reviewed on a meeting by meeting basis.

 

4. Membership

Memberships currently stand at 203. 37 brand new members have joined during the season.

It was felt that the Trust has raised it’s profile over the season but we will look to convert this into Membership numbers on Coaches and at Events over the next season, especially focussed on Junior Members.

 

5. Brief review of recent Trust Events

The Player of the Year Awards Evening was a great success and the Board would like to thank NW for his presenting skills which helped knit the night together excellently.

The Board would also like to put on record their Thanks to Les Rooney for all his efforts ensuring the Microphone and all other Technology worked well. This helped everyone in the packed room feel involved and also to Colin Alty for presenting the Awards as well as Ron Ellis, Rob Urwin & Colin for arranging the Euro Draw.

 

6. Social Media Issues

Some Social Media issues were raised by Members. It was agreed that the Board Members with access would change the passwords to ensure security is kept tight.

 

7. Board Membership

Board Members were reminded of the Board Membership & Conduct Policy and how it should be followed.

 

8. Future Events and Activities

HB gave an update on the progress of improving Disabled Facilities – An area for a new viewing facility and measurements have been sent out to various Companies and people who may be able to help.

Further update will be given at next meeting.

Cricket Match v Southport Trinity – 26th June – Great response and 16 players have committed to play – NW to Co-ordinate the event.

Next Match Signs – Various options and variations are being looked at for next season and MR will look to get some quotes.

Brewery Trip – A Saturday during the off-season TBC by CA

AGM agreed to take place in August.

Next Seasons Monthly Events – Various options and scheduling ideas are being looked at including Race Night & Christmas Party.

NW, CA and AJ will look into having a Special Event late in the season to celebrate 50 years since Promotion involving Local Schools and will hopefully encompass an event or an exhibition at The Atkinson. Further updates will follow.

Ideas are invited on how we should celebrate the 10 year anniversary.

BS raised the idea of replacing the Trust signs at the Trust Office.

 

9. Trust Strategy and Priorities for 2016/17

Board Members were asked to think about areas the Board should focus on in the coming year. To report back at next meeting.

 

10. Next Meeting

Next Meeting will be a Members Meeting on 14th June.

Continue Reading

Minutes of Trust in Yellow Members' Meeting - Wednesday April 13

Board members present: Martin, Bill, Alan, Colin

Apologies received: Noel, Howard

 

1. Minutes of last meeting and matters arising.

The plaque in memory of Phil Carder has now been received and will be put up in the Trust office by Dave Barnes.

 

2. Treasurer’s report

The Trust now has around £12,254.96 in its current account. The coach to Boreham Wood is still to be paid for, meaning net funds available stand at around £11,439.98.

The Trust has a surplus of £13, which will be used to make a food donation to the collection for the Southport Soup Kitchen.

The Trust now has around 32,000 shares in the football club after receiving shares in return for its contribution to the floodlights project.

There was a brief discussion about the function of supporters’ trusts across the country and it was felt that the current shareholding and position of the Trust mean the Trust is in a good position to exert more influence in the long-term.

 

3. Memberships

Memberships currently stand at 210.

 

4. Report of meeting with club board

Representatives from the Trust board met with the club board on March 5, mainly to discuss the proposed improvements to disabled facilities. There has also been a meeting with Haydn Preece to look further into the logistics of possible new disabled viewing facilities.

The club will be looking to improve disabled toilets during the summer. The Trust would like this to be part of a wider project to improve disabled facilities.

After the meeting with Haydn, it was agreed that the Trust will obtain quotes for new viewing facilities and will invite companies to visit the ground to assess the work involved in the improvements. Due to possible future developments at the ground, the new facilities will probably have to be moveable.

 

5. Programme of events and fundraising activities

Thanks to Noel for overseeing this season’s programme of events and everyone who has helped with the events held, particularly the two reunions which were great successes.

The Trust supported the NHS Organ Donor Register’s Sign For Life campaign during March to raise awareness of organ donation.

The food collection for the Southport Soup Kitchen will take place at the match against Lincoln City on April 16. Thanks to Howard and Mike Collinson for their work with this project, which has generated a lot of interest.

The Trust will again host the end of season presentation, which will be held after the final match of the season against Kidderminster Harriers on April 30. Colin Alty will be asked to present the awards and the Phil Carder Goal of the Season will be presented by Phil’s partner, Doreen, and sister, Janet.

The cricket match against Churchtown CC in memory of Phil takes place on June 26 at the Rookery and the Trust is still looking to arrange a visit to the Parker Brewery.

 

6. Coach travel

No coach will run to the match at Aldershot Town on April 23 due to a lack of bookings.

Coaches have run to around half of the matches this season. After a review of coach travel last summer, the general feeling among fans is that this season’s prices have been very competitive and overall members are positive about the Trust’s work with coach travel. Thanks to Elite Coaches and Alfa Travel for their assistance this season.

The board would like to reiterate that it is against the law to drink alcohol on the coaches.

 

7. Next match signs

The board is looking at ways to improve the visibility and cost-effectiveness of the next match signs for next season.

 

8. Any other business

Jonathan O’Byrne spoke to members about the proposed bar behind the Jack Carr Stand. Plans are still being developed and will only presented to the club once they are complete. A lot of work has already been put into the plans and special thanks go to Jonathan for all of his work so far.

 

9. Next meetings

Man 10 (board), June 14 (members).

Continue Reading

Minutes of Trust in Yellow Board Meeting - Monday March 14

Board members present: Martin, Bill, Colin, Noel, Alan, Rob.

 

1. Minutes of last meeting and matters arising

Noel attended a Supporters Direct meeting last month at FC United of Manchester on the topic of fundraising. Information was provided in relation to lottery and heritage funding, and the Trust was invited to discuss with FC United the bar which is operated at Broadhurst Park.

 

2. Treasurer’s report

The Trust’s net funds available currently stand at £11,763.98 with no outstanding monies owed.

The Trust has now received a share certificate for 20,686 shares in the club in return for the Trust’s contribution to the floodlights project.

 

3. Memberships

Memberships currently stand at 207.

 

4. Coach travel

The Trust is unable to run a coach to the match at Torquay United as only 11 bookings were received. The coach to Altrincham on Easter Monday is almost full.

The coach to the match at Boreham Wood on April 4 will be advertised at the reduced rate of £20 members and £25 non-members. Coach travel this season has made a profit of around £200, which will be used to run this coach for the cheaper fare.

5. Match updates

There was a discussion regarding the match updates service following recent issues in relation to the service.

Although the Trust is pleased to have been associated with this service for a number of years and believes there have been many benefits to the Trust and supporters, the board appreciates that the match updates belong to the club, who also have overall responsibility for the service.

Martin has been in contact with Haydn Preece at the club and will contact him again. The board agreed that the Trust will continue to have its name on the service until the end of the season, after which the situation will be reviewed again.

 

6. Report of meeting with the club on March 5

Representatives from the Trust board met with Charlie Clapham, Sam Shrouder and Haydn Preece before the match against Halifax Town on March 5.

The meeting focussed on potential future projects. The club will be looking to improve the disabled toilet facilities during the summer. The Trust is keen to support this, so long as it is part of a wider project to improve disabled facilities.

In particular, the Trust wants to improve the viewing facilities for disabled supporters. The club was receptive to this idea and Martin and Howard will meet with Haydn Preece in the coming weeks to explore this further.

The proposed bar behind the Jack Carr Stand was also discussed but work on these plans is currently ongoing and the Trust would only want to formally present this to be considered once the plans are complete.

The club may be looking to add cover on the Popular Side at some time in the future but these ideas are still at a formative stage. The Trust obviously supports the principal of this and looks forward to hearing more details of the scheme.

 

7. Events

Thanks to Alan, Noel, Howard and Bill for their work with the recent reunion to celebrate the 1965-66 FA Cup run. There were also a number of people who contributed from outside the Trust board, in particular Geoff Wilde and Colin Alty.

The winning design in the ten-year badge competition was selected by supporters from a shortlist of four and a presentation was made to the winner, Harriet James-Hodges, before the recent match against Braintree Town. Thanks to Premier Bowl at Ocean Plaza for donating one of the prizes.

The Trust has recently supported the Sign For Life campaign run by NHS Blood and Transplant. This initiative was backed by several football clubs throughout the country and Supporters Direct.

The end of season presentation will take place after the final match of the season against Kidderminster Harriers. They Think It’s All A Question Of Sport and the Fifa night are now likely to take place next season as it has not been possible to schedule them before the end of the current season.

The visit to the Parker Brewery is likely to take place during the summer and a cricket match against Churchtown CC will be held at the Rookery on June 26.

 

8. Next match signs

The next match signs will continue in their current format until the end of the season. The viability of the signs will be reviewed in the summer and the Trust will look into a more cost-effective way of organising the signs. The Trust will also look to make more use of its notice board at Southport station.

 

9. Any other business

The plaque for Phil Carder has been delivered but unfortunately contains a typographical error and so has been returned.

 

10. Next meeting

April 13 (members).

Continue Reading

Trust In Yellow Members' Meeting

Wednesday, 13th April 2016 Grandstand Bar at 7.30pm

 

AGENDA

1. Apologies for Absence.

2. Minutes of last meeting and matters arising

3. Treasurer’s Report.

4. Membership.

5. Report of Meeting with the club board To include news of proposed improvements to disabled facilities

6. Programme of events and fundraising activities Brief review of events held this season and news of other events already planned.

7. Coach Travel.

8. Next match signs.

9. Any Other Business

10. Next meetings. a) Board b) Members’

Continue Reading
Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 Next