Trust News

MINUTES OF MEMBERS' MEETING - TUESDAY 23RD JUNE

1. Apologies for absence

Katrina, Alan S, Colin

2. Minutes of last meeting and matters arising

All were covered elsewhere on the agenda.

3. Organisation of coach travel to away matches next season

Before the discussion got underway Martin placed on record the Trust's thanks to Alan Scarisbrick and Phil Carder for all their efforts in organising the coaches since the Trust's formation.

The first part of the discussion focussed on why people weren't travelling on the coaches. The main reasons given were:

• The availability of cheap train tickets and the increased freedom of travelling by rail and car.

• The cost of the coach fare.

• Departure times for midweek games being too early for some people who are working.

A number of suggestions were then given on how to increase the number of supporters travelling by coach:

• Vouchers for a set number of games eg 5 – Would allow those who intend to use the coaches regularly to save money and would generate income enabling the Trust to budget more in advance.

• More flexibility after games – Members present were split evenly with some wanting to leave immediately after the match and some wanting to stay for a drink.

• Prioritise popular destinations – Taking into consideration when running a special offer how popular the destination is and not just with the most local fixtures eg Kidderminster may be more popular than Gateshead.

• More pick up points – eg The Liverpool area (when travelling to Wrexham or Tranmere) and Manchester area.

• Ensuring the cheapest possible price – Requests for quotes will once again be sent to several local companies. Some companies are more eager for one off big games such as Derby.

• Pricing and Incentives - Ideas were put forward about the pricing structure for members in general and junior members in particular. Also some ideas for offering incentives for regular travellers.

All of these points and suggestions will be discussed at the next Board meeting along with any other suggestions received in the meantime which are always welcome.

4. Treasurer's Report

The Trust's current available funds stand at £28,707.66. This figure includes £500 which has been received for the 2005 Reunion and members were reminded that £25,000 of this figure is set aside for the floodlights project.

5. Membership

A quiet time of the year but a busy period is expected shortly with many renewals due in August. The Trust's target is to reach 250 members over the course of the season with membership currently standing at 210.

6. Future Trust Events

There are currently 12 players in the Trust team to face Churchtown CC on Sunday 26th July. The match will be 20 overs and there are still spaces left for substitutes and reserves.

Arrangements for the 2005 Reunion are progressing well with all places on the supporters' team sold out in a day. The response from the 04/05 squad has been excellent with 16 having confirmed their attendance to date. The training sessions held by Richard Brodie have been very popular and volunteers are being sought to help with the running of the event on the day.

There will be a Meet the Manager session on Saturday 1st August following the friendly against Bolton which will be held in the Grandstand Bar.

Noel outlined to members present the Trust's calendar of events for next season with one event taking place after the first home game of each month.

7. Relations with the club

Martin had e-mailed Haydn requesting a statement to be made by the club regarding the floodlights. (Since the meeting the club has issued a statement on its official website stating that the pylons will be erected in August.)

8. Any other business

Ben Highton will be running the Southport Half Marathon on Sunday 5th July to raise money for the Trust and all supporters are encouraged to donate. The Trust intends to hold one of its events next season as a tribute to Mark 'Batman' Heaton who sadly passed away recently. The Prediction League for 15/16 has been launched and this time there will be no random entries. Congratulations went out to Nicola Hudson on her new role with Supporters Direct.

9. Next meetings

Thursday 16th July - Board

Continue Reading

AWAY COACH TRAVEL - MEMBERS' MEETING TONIGHT (TUESDAY)

If you are a Trust in Yellow member and have any thoughts on coach travel for next season then please come along to the members' meeting tonight.

The Trust is very keen to hear from members with their views and ideas on improving the service in providing transport to away matches.

Coach travel will be the main item on the agenda at tonight's meeting, starting at 7.30pm in the main part of the Grandstand Bar. All members are very welcome to attend.

The Trust is particularly interested in the views of members who go to away matches whether on the Trust's coach or by other means.

If you are unable to attend, the Trust would still like to hear from you, so please send your suggestions to Martin Robinson at dmjrobinson@btinternet.com.

The Trust aims to run each trip at a break even cost but within that constraint the Trust will listen to and consider all suggestions

Coach travel will be the first item on the agenda so even if you can’t stay for the full meeting please come along and give your views.

By attending the meeting you also have a chance to pick up a ticket to attend the 2005 championship reunion on August 2, sponsor Port fan Ben Highton as he prepares to take part in the Southport half-marathon, or renew or take out a Trust membership.

Continue Reading

QUESTIONS FOR MEMBERS' MEETING

If any members wish to put a question to the Trust board but cannot make next Tuesday's meeting, please e-mail andrew.kelly199@btinternet.com with the items you wish to raise for discussion.

Continue Reading

AGENDA FOR MEMBERS' MEETING - TUESDAY 23RD JUNE 7.30PM

1. Apologies for Absence.

2. Minutes of last meeting and matters arising

3. Organisation of coach travel to away matches next season.

4. Treasurer's Report.

5. Membership.

6. Future Trust Events.

a) Cricket match against Churchtown

b) Reunion of 2004/5 Championship Winning team

c) Series of events for new season.

7. Relations with the club.

8. TIY Targets and Objectives for 2015/16.

9. Any other business.

10. Next meetings.

a) Board

b) AGM

Continue Reading

MINUTES OF BOARD MEETING - TUESDAY 9TH JUNE

Apologies

Andy K

1. Minutes of last meeting and matters arising.

All dealt with elsewhere on the agenda.

2. Treasurer’s report

Colin A reported that the Trust’s total balance stands at £28,840.66 including net funds available of £28,752.66. All funds apart from £357.17 are placed in savings accounts. The £15,000 currently in the term deposit has earned interest of £104.79 to April 31. The Trust’s only creditor is an as yet uncashed cheque for last season’s Prediction League. £21.40 was received from Easyfundraising on May 29. The Trust’s registered address has now been changed with the FCA and all other relevant bodies.

3. Memberships

A large number of memberships are due for renewal as usual around the start of the season. Bill will send out reminders and update the membership pack.

4. Future Trust events

a. Cricket match

Churchtown CC have put together a very comprehensive schedule for the cricket match in memory of Phil Carder and the Trust thanks them for their extensive work in organising the event. There is now a full XI to represent the Trust on the day and the Trust will pay the £10 on behalf of every player in the team which has been requested by Churchtown towards the running costs. Martin will contact Churchtown to finalise the arrangements. Bill and Alan J will be there at the start of the event to meet with Churchtown and the Trust players, and other board members will be there throughout the day.

b. Reunion

The first training session for the fans’ team took place last Sunday and further sessions are planned every fortnight in the lead-up to the reunion match. Thanks to Richard Brodie, the manager of the fans’ team, for putting together an engaging and very professional session, and for taking on the role with such enthusiasm. Event tickets for fans to attend the reunion are now being sold and interest remains high from supporters and players. Plans for the day itself are taking shape and Colin and Alan J will finalise the remaining arrangements. Bill will order medals to present to both teams as a memento of the day.

c. Other events

Dates for the planned schedule of events to cover the whole season and overseen by Noel will be arranged once the fixtures are released at the start of July.

5. Other Trust activities

a. Next meeting / coach travel

The main item on the agenda at the next members’ meeting on June 23 will be coach travel. The idea behind this is to give members an input into ways coach travel can be improved for the coming season. The meeting will be designed for regular and occasional users of the Trust coach and fans who attend away games without travelling on the coach to make suggestions for how changes can be made with next season in mind. The meeting is open to all members and those thought to have a particular interest in coach travel will be contacted directly and invited to attend. Members who are unable to attend the meeting can e-mail suggestions to Martin. Coach travel will be the first item on the agenda. As usual, tenders will be sent out to local coach companies for the coming season and Martin is in the process of making initial contact.

b. Next match signs

Martin has contacted Haydn Preece, who advises that he would like the Trust to continue with the next match signs. It is felt that improvements could be made on the current signs as the display is not the most visible. Enquiries will be made in relation to improving the display of the signs or, alternatively, using posters to advertise future matches.

c. Ben Highton sponsored run

Sponsorships are being received for Ben’s half-marathon on July 4 to raise funds for the Trust. Ben will be invited to the next members’ meeting. Fans can donate online or at the next meeting. Representatives from the Trust will attend to support Ben on the day.

d. Other

Progress with the memorial wall is ongoing and it is now intended that the wall will begin by remembering Phil Carder and Sally Devine.

6. Any other business

Martin will attend the Supporters Direct Members’ Day on July 17. Trust member Nicola Hudson has recently started work for Supporters Direct and will be invited to one of the Trust’s next meetings.

7. Next meeting

June 23 (members).

Continue Reading
Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 Next