Society Board Meetings

MINUTES OF BOARD MEETING - WEDNESDAY 18TH MARCH

1. Apologies for absence

Katrina, Alan S

2. Minutes of last meeting and matters arising

All were covered elsewhere on the agenda.

3. Finances Report

Thanks to Colin's tireless efforts the banking situation is much improved from the last meeting. Money has been paid into the bank allowing Arthur and the sign writers to be paid, both of whom have been extremely understanding and patient. The FCA have been contacted and made aware of the situation.

4. Membership

Bill reported that Trust membership is still at 220 including one new member from Australia.

5. Trust Events

a) Recent events

The Shave it or Save it scheme was a huge success with in excess of £1000 being raised. Luke George will be offered life membership as a thanks for his co-operation with the Trust. Unfortunately the weekend trip to Bristol had to be postponed due to a lack of sufficient bookings. Those who had paid are in the process of being refunded.

b) Future Events

Unfortunately the Players Reunion has been pushed back due to player availability and will now take place hopefully at the end of August. The Presentation Evening will definitely go ahead after the Grimsby game on 18th April and Eric Redrobe will be asked to present the Fan Of The Season Award. Various possible dates were discussed for the proposed Race Night but because of the difficulty in finding a convenient one for all concerned this season, it was decided to put it in the programme of events for early next season. It was agreed that the Trust will aim to put on an event after the first home game of each month next season whether it be a race night or a smaller event such as a quiz.

6. Structure and membership of the board

Communication between board members has been much improved over the last month. More board members are still needed and even somebody who just wanted to help in one area eg. coach travel would be a huge asset. The AGM will take place in August.

7. Remembering Phil

Phil's family will be invited to the presentation evening on the 18th April. Churchtown Cricket Club will be contacted to arrange a match in Phil’s memory during the summer. The celebration wall in memory of Phil will be launched in the next 6 months, possibly to coincide with the start of next season.

8. Representing supporters views to the Club board

More effort will be made to liaise with all members of the club board over the summer months.

9. Any other Business

A discussion will take place at a future date about the effectiveness of the next match signs. Unfortunately there has been very little take up for the Vanarama Big Day Out offer.

10. Dates of next meetings

Tuesday 7th April – Members

Continue Reading

MINUTES OF BOARD MEETING - WEDNESDAY 25TH FEBRUARY

1. Apologies for absence

Katrina

2. Minutes of last meeting and matters arising

All were covered elsewhere on the agenda.

3. Issues arising from Phil´s death

The major issue is gaining access to the bank with money being able to be paid in but not accessed by the Trust. Obviously this affects the day to day operations of the Trust and steps are being taken to resolve this issue as quickly as possible. Colin has agreed to step into Phil’s role as Treasurer on a provisional basis. Donations totalling a superb £708 were received in memory of Phil and this money will go towards purchasing something in his memory. The proposed Celebration Wall was discussed and Martin will do more research on it with Rob Urwin and report back. The Goal of the Season Trophy and the plaque in memory of Phil have been purchased.

4. Membership

Bill reported that Trust membership is now at 220 with 47 new members having joined between the period of 1st February to the 31st January. The Trust now has 1310 followers on Twitter.

5. Membership of board, recruiting new members & improving communication etc

All Board members agreed that communication must be improved and an acknowledgement of an e-mail received should be made within 24 hours. Phils death has highlighted the need for new Board members with fresh ideas and skill sets. There are a few interested parties and they will be spoken to shortly. New roles such as a Projects Co-ordinator were discussed although it was agreed that it would be unfair to burden current Board members with either too many roles or roles that they aren´t keen on taking on. This heightens the need for a larger committee.

6. Shave it or Save it

We are now into the final fortnight for donations so this will be pushed as much as possible in the media. Steve Wignall, who will be shaving the beard, has made a very generous donation and his company´s details will be added to the Trust website´s Partners Page as a thank you.

7. Race Night

As a result of the very difficult last 6 weeks it was agreed to put the Race Night back to Easter Monday after the Telford game. This will allow more time for arrangements to me made and sponsorships to be sold and will hopefully generate more interest with what is usually a larger crowd for a Bank Holiday game. Tony Adams will host as usual and it is hoped the players and management will attend.

8. Players Reunion

The 04/05 Reunion looks likely to take place on Sunday 26th April although this is yet to be confirmed. After the match there will be a buffet, quiz and Q&A session in the Grandstand Bar. Preliminary pricing is £25 for a place on the supporters team and £5 admission for spectators including access to the buffet afterwards. Once these details have been confirmed the event will be publicised.

9. Cooperation with the club

There was a discussion about how more pressure could be put on the club in the future to avoid another floodlights situation. It was agreed that there would be a deadline put on any future purchases whereby funding would be withdrawn if the project wasn´t completed by an agreed date. A balance needs to be sought between being too reticent and too militant which may alienate the club.

10. Coach Travel

With Alan S being away Nicola Hudson has very kindly agreed to run the Wrexham coach. Thanks must also go to Arthur for being extremely patient while the banking issues are sorted. There are around 26 names down for the Bristol weekend with 40 being needed for confirmation at the end of March.

11. Any other Business

It was agreed that the Vanarama Big Day out offer should be publicised more to southern exiles who are more likely to travel to Wembley than those living in the Southport area. Voting for the February Player of the Month has now opened.

12. Dates of next meetings

Wednesday 18th March – Members (TBC)

Wednesday 8th April - Board

Continue Reading

MINUTES OF BOARD MEETING - THURSDAY 18TH DECEMBER

1. Apologies for absence

Katrina, Noel, Colin

2. Minutes of last meeting and matters arising

All were covered elsewhere on the agenda.

3. Treasurers report

The Trusts balance currently stands at £29,648. Of this £4,602 is earmarked for future commitments, the majority of this being coach travel to Derby. A total of £116.95 has been raised from Easyfundraising and the Annual Events Insurance has been renewed at a cost of £278. Next match signs have cost a total of £415 thus far.

4. Membership

Bill reported that the Trust currently has 218 members. Membership has already been picking up in response to the Derby game and it is hoped this will increase both on the day and in the weeks that follow.

5. Coach Travel

Over 500 people have expressed an interest in travelling with the Trust to Derby with over 300 of these having now paid. There will be a total of 10 coaches running with availability after that depending on cancellations once they have all been filled. The final day for payment to be made will be Boxing Day to allow a period for final arrangements to be made. Alan is looking for volunteers to be in charge of each coach which will primarily involve counting the number of people on each coach prior to departure on the outward and return journeys. Interest has waned somewhat in other fixtures following the FA Cup draw although it is likely there will be enough demand to run a coach to Kidderminster. The cut off date for confirming bookings for the Bristol weekend is 31st March. The coaches have run at a loss of £15 so far this season.

6. Cooperation with the club

A statement has been issued with regards to work starting on the floodlights. As the Trust is still waiting for feedback with regards to final expenses etc, a meeting will be requested in the near future and a further statement will be released once a response has been issued by the club.

7. Fundraising and events

The Race Night originally scheduled for January has been re-arranged for Saturday 21st March due to another booking in the Grandstand Bar. The Trust will liaise with Gary Brabin to try and ensure the attendance of the players. A possible Meet the Manager session will be held on Saturday 17th January depending on availability.

8. How to build on the Cup success

A quiz sheet will be given out to all those travelling on the coaches with prizes available including free membership for a year and discounted travel to an away match. The primary objective of this will be to obtain e-mail addresses so the Trust can keep in touch with prospective members and give them an insight into the Trust and what it does. Leaflets will also be available detailing Trust activities similar to the ones given out at the pre season friendlies.

9. Any other business

None.

10. Dates of next meeting

Tuesday 13th January – Members

Wednesday 25th February - Board

Continue Reading

MINUTES OF BOARD MEETING - MONDAY 17TH NOVEMBER

1. Apologies for absence

Katrina, Noel

2. Minutes of last meeting and matters arising

All were covered elsewhere on the agenda.

3. Treasurers report

The Trusts balance currently stands at £25,012. Of this £15,000 has been transferred to a 30 day notice savings account with Cambridge & Counties bank. This earns an interest rate of 1.5%, generating some £19 per month. The next match signs have cost £325 so far and a total of £1,400 has been raised from new memberships and membership renewals since the start of July.

4. Membership

Bill reported that the Trust currently has 208 members not including November renewals. Some memberships were renewed in response to the reminder e-mails which were sent out.

5. Cooperation with the club

In response to the club issuing a statement that work has commenced on the floodlights, the Trust will seek to contact the club with regards to the likely final costs and timescale of the project. Once the Trust is aware of its exact financial contribution to the floodlights project then other projects can be discussed and put into action.

6. Coach Travel

The coaches have run at a loss of £54 so far although some money is still owed to the Trust for the Dagenham trip. It was reported that Vision provided an excellent and reliable service. A special offer will be considered for the festive matches at Kidderminster and Wrexham. The arrangements for the weekend in Bristol were finalised with the cost being £97 for 2 nights accommodation and travel. Breakfast is available as an optional extra and coach travel to and from the ground will be included.

7. Liaising with local companies

These offers have proved to be popular with members especially the discounts available at Elite Positive Fitness. A Partners Page will soon be added to the Trust website which will allow for better publicity and easier navigation.

8. Fundraising

The Race Night will take place on Saturday 17th January after the Chester game. Gary Brabin will be asked to encourage the players to attend and race sponsors will be sought at £25 each. Luke George will be raising money for Diabetes UK by growing his beard between now and the end of the season. Those donating will have the chance to vote whether to save or shave the beard either online or by dropping money into specific boxes. The second Onion Bag book is being released in a couple of weeks time with all money raised from sales going to the Trust. An 04/05 players reunion is planned for next summer with a possible fans v players match and a quiz in the bar afterwards.

9. Other Trust events

The proposed meet the manager session has been put on hold due to a lack of home Saturday fixtures. The next possible date is Saturday 13th December but this is dependent on cup draws.

10. Membership of Trust Board

With James Treadwell offering his resignation there is now an opening on the Trust Board for anyone who wishes to join.

11. Any other business

None.

12. Dates of next meeting

Tuesday 16th December - Members

Continue Reading

Minutes of Trust in Yellow Board Meeting - Wednesday 24 September

Apologies

Andy K

 

1. Minutes of last meeting and matters arising.

All dealt with elsewhere on the agenda.

 

2. Treasurer’s report

Phil C reported that the Trust’s current balance is £24,827.27 including net funds available at £24,684.27.

Since the last meeting, the balance of £840 has been paid to the club in relation to the primary schools coaching scheme for 2013/14 following receipt of supporting documents. This takes the Trust’s total outlay for the sponsorship of this scheme to £2,340.

The trophies for all of this season’s awards have been bought for £53.75. The first quarterly payment has been received from Easyfundraisng in the sum of £60.08, while coach travel for the four away trips to date has generated a surplus of £42. Membership renewals and donations since the start of July total £1,120.

 

3. Memberships

The Trust’s current membership stands at 237 and Bill S advises a number of renewals are due in September and October.

 

4. Liaising with local companies

Colin has done a great amount of work in looking to establish links local companies, the latest of which is Elite Positive Fitness, a gym on Virginia Street.

Mark Walls from the gym has offered Trust members a range of excellent discounts and is very keen to work with the Trust to engage with the local community.

Colin, Noel and James will meet with Mark to confirm the Trust’s interest and arrange a promotional photo. The partnership with the gym and offers for members will then be publicised.

Contact with local barbers and restaurants have also been made. Dan Hayes will be asked to add a corporate partners’ page to the Trust website.

 

5. Coach travel

The small profit from the trip to Telford United was used to subsidise the coaches to Chester and Macclesfield Town, which both ran at a loss.

A special thanks to Phil for making arrangements at late notice with Cambraco to run a smaller coach to Macclesfield as there were insufficient bookings to run the usual coach.

This was the first time the Trust has used a Cambraco coach and the service was well-received. The general feeling was that the smaller coach would probably not be suitable for longer distance trips.

It is highly unlikely that a coach will run to either Grimsby or Braintree due to the lack of bookings.

Initial enquiries will be made in relation to the suggested weekend visit to Bristol.

 

6. Roles within the Trust Board

There was discussion about developing further roles for board members. The following roles were discussed and will be added to:

Matchday Trust office: Phil / Alan S

Coaches: Phil / Alan S

Newsletter: Martin

Memberships: Bill

Links with local businesses: Colin

Publicity / press: Alan J

Website: Andy

Arrangements for meetings: Martin

Child welfare: Noel

Social media: Colin, Alan J

Liaison with club: James

Player of the Month: Colin, Alan J, Noel

Pledges: Katrina

Next match signs: Phil / Colin

 

7. Co-operation with the club

Contact will be made with the club in relation to progress with the floodlights project.

Haydn Preece attended the Trust’s AGM and it is likely that he will again be looking for sponsorship of the primary schools coaching scheme.

 

8. Twitter account

With more than 900 followers, the twitter account has become an important method of interacting with supporters and making initial contact with a number of businesses.

The account receives a range of views and feedback from supporters and is also used to promote Trust activities and coach travel.

Efforts will be made to bring the Trust’s Facebook up to date.

 

9. Awards

The Player of the Month award will continue to run this season and the Trust has received good feedback following the presentation of the August award.

The Trust will look to put together a package including a season’s membership for the supporter who presents the award every month.

Arrangements for the Fan of the Season will be made later in the year.

 

10. Fundraising

The Race Night is likely to be held after either the match against Braintree Town on 6 December or Chester on 17 January.

Arrangements will be made once Maz at the Grandstand Bar is available and contact will then be made with Tony Adams and Rob Urwin.

 

11. Results of questionnaire on attendances

The Trust received 21 replies to the questionnaire distributed at the opening match against Forest Green. The results will be published in the next members’ newsletter and passed onto Haydn at the club.

 

12. Any other business

None

 

13. Date of next meeting

21 October (members).

 

14. Action points

Meet with Elite Positive Fitness: Colin, Noel, James

Promote link with Elite Positive Fitness: Colin, Alan J

Look into the running of and updating the Facebook page: Alan S, Colin, Noel

Make enquiries regarding Race Night with Maz (when available), Tony and Rob: Alan S

Arrange voting for Player of the Month, collect votes and oversee presentation: Colin, Alan J, Noel

Make initial enquiries regarding weekend trip to Bristol: Phil

Contact club regarding progress with floodlights: James, Noel

Next newsletter: Martin

Programme article v Lincoln: Martin

Trust office / Bookings for coach trips: Phil, Alan S

Publicise coach trips / next meeting: Phil, Alan J, Colin

Publish results of questionnaire: Martin

Contact members due for renewal: Bill

Contact Dan Hayes to add a business partners page to website: Alan J

Continue Reading
Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 Next