Minutes Of Society Board Meeting - 9th July

In attendance: Paul I, Alan D, Alan J, Phil C, Alan S, Rob U, Julia U, Andy K, Martin R, Bill S.

Apologies Paul G

Invited attendees: Haydn Preece, Anita Shaw(reserve team secretary), Matthew(Junior co-ordinator via Facebook)

Facebook coordinator Matthew put forward several ideas he suggested for promoting the juniors around the town particularly at his school, Birkdale High. He has already approached the headmaster about the club sending in representatives to present at an assembly and Haydn said it would not be an issue for Alan and Matty to go in and if Matthew could provide some dates with the headmaster, then he would arrange for them to come in, give away some tickets and promote the club.

Matthew also queried Haydn on the pricing structure for Juniors, stating it was far too expensive and not in sync with the other prices and asked TIY to push the point with Charlie as there was still a chance that something could be done prior to the season.

Alan D to co-ordinate with Matthew. Paul I to contact Charlie and push point and try and arrange a meeting with club as nothing had been forthcoming.

AGM – Phil has virtually re-constructed his accounts, but they will not be available until on the day of the AGM on Wednesday 5th August.

Those for re-election are Julia U and Andy K. New board members up for election are Martin R, Alan J and Bill S.

There is further potential for members to join the board or co-opted onto the board.

Paul I to draft AGM proposal and issue to members in the next week or so.

Disabled facilities – no further progress has been made since the last meeting. Haydn suggested that the safety issue is likely to hinder the lift proposal, but had no problems if TIY followed up with the local authority safety officer. It was suggested to investigate plan B to build a shelter similar to structures such as Blyth.

Coach Travel – as the fixtures are now available, Phil has generated his mileage figures(similar to last season) and will request quotes from various coach companies in the area such as Elite, Sandgrounder travel, MD travel and a coach company in Burscough that had approached Alan during the season.

Rules have changed for coach travel for next season. Due to huge losses incurred last season due to people not turning up, we have had to put the following rules in place:

All bookings must be pre-paid to guarantee that the coach runs by the Tuesday, for a Saturday game and by the Saturday for a Tuesday game. These prices will be at a discounted rate and we need a minimum of 25 people to run the coaches. If the coach does go ahead and people want to take a chance on the day, they will be required to pay the full amount rather than the discounted price.

Reserve team – Anita Shaw was introduced to the board as the new reserve team secretary. She has plenty of experience at reserve team level, looking after Formby FC reserves and also with SFC Juniors.

Haydn advised that there would be 60 students through the club and 40 through the KGV scheme.

All costs incurred by the club for the reserves would be provided to Phil via actual invoices and would be audited by Phil. Phil would liase with Anita on this matter. The costings have been analysed and a lot of the original ‘worst case scenario’ costings can be reduced or are no longer applicable. Although the maximum the trust has agreed to pay is £12k it is likely that this could be reduced down to as low as £8k, which Anita advised was realistic from her previous experiences within the reserve team set up.

The club will play in the Lancashire League West and there will be 13 teams in the league. Fixures are not out yet, but the first fixtures are scheduled for the week commencing 11th August.

Caterforce will be the shirt sponsors for the reserves and they will play in the same colours as the first team. The Youth team will play their Wednesday games in the club’s red 3rd kit and green and white stripe 4th kit. TIY will have the logo on the back of the shirts and a design was selected by the board and will be sent to Mark Parr to be put on the shirts.

There will also be the opportunity for the reserve shirts and enamel badges to be sold, with profits going to the trust.

Admission will be set at £4 for adults and £2 for juniors. Season ticket holders get in for free. Trust members will get in for half price on production of their membership card. As the majority of parents are likely to watch their child play, the club will be forwarding the contact details of the students to offer the opportunity of membership to TIY and thus admission at a discounted rate. All gate receipts are to go to TIY to help cover the costs.

TIY will try and arrange a matchday PA announcer and publicity will be pushed through various websites and local media. Alan Jones will co-ordinate with the press and help promote TIY within the media.

Phil confirmed that the only payments made so far by TIY are the affiliation fees to the league which amount to £550. A further up front payment at TIY’s discretion was required to cover running costs (costs to be audited by Phil as and when they come in)

Liam will be present at the majority of the home reserve team games and Phil Shelton will be brought in to help out on the coaching side.

Station sign – TIY are still awaiting for the key and Julia will co-ordinate the design once available. The signs will go up on the TIY boards again and Phil will contact Autograph Signs to confirm prices with the hope that signs can be produced prior to the family fun day.

Memberships – memberships currently stand at around the 200 mark. There are quite a few due for renewal and Bill and Martin will liase to issue reminders out to the appropriate people. Costs have been agreed at £10 adult, £5 junior, £20 family membership, £100 corporate. Also to look at offering renewal by standing order.

Rob, along with Martin, has drafted out information for some flyers to promote the trust and they will be handed out at the friendly games.

Website – Matthew has said he will have a look at improving the design of the website or co-ordinating with other juniors to improve the current design.

Events – Band nights will start again in September/October. Trust to organise their annual race night on a Saturday night after a home game. Alan S to liase with Maz, Liam and Haydn on suitable dates with 31st October and 14th November likely options at present.

Family fun day – Haydn advised that there will be a multitude of activities during the day next Sunday including a match between a 1990’s squad featuring the likes of Paul Moore, Kevin Mooney against an Asda eleven. TIY would be running their shoot out competition and there would be numerous stalls, events and demonstrations taking place during the day. Money raised would be going to nominated charities.  

AOB – Julia advised that a schools meeting was taking place on the same evening regarding playing on matchdays with the opportunity of medals to those who play and discounted ticket prices for parents and representatives from the schools.

Seats – some of the seats had been moved and the balance will be moved next week. Alan has alsorts of problems getting access to the property to arrange their movement back to the club.

RSS Feed